I was nominated for the Liebster Award by the lovely Ruby over at rubylaurenlives. Ruby runs an adorable little blog that I highly suggest checking out! Side note to thank Ruby. Ruby thank you so much for checking out my little blog and for nominating me. You are too sweet!!
Like Ruby said in her nomination post, I am very surprised to be nominated as I assumed all my page views were my own. I also could imagine the page views being attributed to my mother sitting at her computer and refreshing the page for a self-esteem booster. That’s what moms are for, right? However, apparently at least a few of those readers are people other than my mom!
What is the Liebster Award, you may be asking. I did not know either, so I ran a quick google search. The award is a chain letter type award that bloggers pass on to one another to help each other gain new readers and discover new blogs. As a strict protester of chain letters, I will certainly break that silent protest because I love the idea of bloggers helping each other out and sharing readers! With no further ado- here are the rules, questions and new nominations for my Liebster Award!
1. Thank the person who nominated you.
2. Answer the questions from the nominator
3. Nominate other bloggers with less than 200 followers (I cheated here, I don’t follow that many new blogs)
4. Create 11 new questions for nominees to answer
5. Notify nominees through social media/blogs
1. What’s your favourite thing about where you live?
Oh this is a tough one. I have previously written about my concept of home and how I live in many different places, especially being in between homes as a college student. At this I would say my favorite part about where I live are the people because no matter where I am currently taking up residence- there are always people with open arms that make me feel right at home!
2. What would your dream pet be?
A hedge hog. Hedgehogs are unfortunately illegal house pets in Pennsylvania BUT as I am currently picking out grad schools the first requirement is that the state I move has no winter and the second requirement is that the state allows pet hedge hogs. Next would be the quality of the school but that is not as important.
3. If you got 3 free holidays to anywhere in the world, where would you go?
I would without a doubt return to Honduras, I would visit Asia and probably return to Europe.
4. Who/what inspired you to start a blog?
My favorite bloggers inspired me to start blogging. Sadly, the only blog that I was in love with who currently still blogs is Glennon Melton over at Monastery. Which is weird because she is a mom blogger and I am not a mom. However, she is also kick ass and admirably compassionate. Sometimes I want to be her when I grow up.
5. What’s your favourite season of the year?
Hmmmm let’s see about that.. Fall, Fall and Fall! Boots, scarves and pumpkin spice everything.
6. Which TV/Movie character/s would you like to meet in real life?
Addison Montgomery from Grey’s Anatomy/Private practice…. That’s all I can think of but I am sure there are more.
7. First thing you look for in a romantic partner?
Shared values and killer sense of humor.
8. What job would you like to have in the future?
Marriage and Family Therapist, with a Play Therapy Specialization AKA I am going to be in school forever.
9. Favourite sweet/candy?
10. What’s your favourite clothes shop?
Forever 21 or Old Navy or something else cheap.
11. Favourite album?
I have a little music crush on Taylor Swift’s new album.
My Questions for you!
1. When people ask you to, “Tell me about yourself.”, what do you say?
2. What is the most important thing in your life?
3. What is your favorite holiday?
4. Who is your favorite music artist?
5. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
6. What is the most essential item in your closet?
7. Did you go/are you currently in College? Why or why not?
8. Favorite place to shop?
9. Why did you start blogging?
10. Looking back to a year ago today, is your life how you expected it would be?
11. What are the most important things you would like to accomplish in your life?
Thank you for reading and I hope you choose to participate!